Responsible for recruiting well-qualified candidates for position openings by utilizing a variety of resources including Internet job sites, newspaper ads, job services, referral networking, etc. Conducts prescreening interviews and submits lists of qualified applicants to Department heads for further consideration. Enters resume, inquiry, and referral information into the recruiting database, sends and receives applicant and hiring packets, and tracks applicant files to ensure accurate and complete information. Maintains professional relations with applicants, employment agencies, and advertising contacts. Keeps managers and area personnel well informed of progress and recruiting activities.
1. Assumes responsibility for the effective completion of recruiting functions.
• Receives position requirements/requisitions from hiring managers and assist in determining required training and qualifications.
• Conducts searches for skilled applicants through multiple appropriate sourcing channels (e,g, internet sites, job service postings, print ads, and referral network information). Advertises positions as necessary. Maintains budget/actual analysis.
• Compile applications, pre-employment documents, verification forms, and all related paperwork to complete applicant files.
• Pre-screens job applicants through phone interviews and analysis of written application materials, where requested.
• Tracks and records changes in applicants’ employment status and availability.
• Submits a list of qualified job applicants to managers for second interviews.
• Provides follow-up support in the completion of the hiring process.
• Completes all recruiting activities in compliance with established policies, procedures, and legal regulations.
• Tracks and reports on average days to hire.
2. Assumes responsibility for the effective and timely completion of recruiting computer files, records, and paperwork.
• Receives and files resumes and Interview Guide Assessments
• Updates the HR requisitioning & recruiting databases & status spreadsheet. Enters candidate names for both job inquiries and scheduled interviews. Completes notes on changes in status, availability, and any other relevant information.
• Records candidate referrals for interviews.
• Coordinates issuance of all required paperwork (New Hire Kit) for new employees once the hiring decision has been finalized. Tracks records and files to ensure that all necessary paperwork is returned and completed correctly.
• Sends out regret letters as appropriate by position.
3. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining professional working relationships with external employment agencies, advertising contacts, and prospective employees.
• Keeps prospective employees well informed of their status in the hiring process.
• Keeps employment agencies and referral networks up-to-date regarding available positions, job requirements, salary ranges, and time constraints. Updates information regularly and promptly.
• Obtains and conveys information as needed.
• Promotes goodwill and a positive image of the Company.
4. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with HR team members, Company personnel, and with management.
• Coordinates activities effectively with managers requesting applicant listings.
• Keeps management well informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
• Ensures effective communication among all managers and involved parties.
• Attends meetings as required.
5. Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
• Performs miscellaneous projects as assigned.
• Updates job skills as required.
BA or BS degree is required (recruiting, sales, marketing preferred)
Knowledge of legal regulations involving recruiting and hiring policies.
Knowledge of recruiting processes, strategies, systems, and outside agencies utilized in generating well-qualified job candidates.
Three or more years of related experience in recruiting and marketing.
Understanding of recruiting processes and strategies.
Good customer service and public relations.
Knowledge of related computer applications including database systems, Internet sites, and recruiting information systems.
Excellent phone skills.
Able to work well independently and in a team environment.
Attention to detail and solid organizational skills.
Solid project/task management skills.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer. When contacting firstname.lastname@example.org, please include a cover letter with your resume. Only qualifying candidates will be contacted.
Audible Inc. is rated the #1 “Entertainment Application on the Web”
CNET Editor’s Choice Award
“The world is listening with http://www.audible.com. Are you?”