Audible (www.audible.com), a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon.com, is leading provider of spoken digital audio programming – including books of any genre, magazines, radio shows, daily newspapers and more.
The Sr. Manager, Editorial & Publisher Relations will be a key player in Audible’s major expansion of audio rights acquisition and audiobook production and publishing. The Senior Manager will be a lead editorial voice, both outward-facing (publishers, agents, authors) and inward-facing (Marketing and Merchandising), and will also act as liaison with the Content Creation and Metadata Teams. The Senior Manager will be the primary point of contact for multiple content partners.
- Audio Rights Licensing
- In partnership with Deal Team, act as lead editorial voice in pitching and signing large publishing (“D2D”) deals with agents/authors and publishers
- Publisher Relations
- Respond to and trouble-shoot inquiries from D2D and existing content partners
- Review quarterly royalty statements for accuracy
- Production & Promotion
- Manage and prioritize D2D titles from publishing partners, including hand-off to Metadata and Content Creation teams for audio production
- Work with Merchandising and Marketing Teams to identify and promote high-potential D2D titles
Minimum 5 years in publishing-related field
Basic computer literacy, including Excel, Word + other standard applications
Good written and oral communications skills
Good organizational skills
Ability to work as a member of a team and take direction