Audible (www.audible.com ), a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon.com located in Newark, NJ, is the Internet’s leading provider of spoken audio programming—including books of any genre, magazines, radio shows, daily newspapers, and more. Titles downloaded from Audible are compatible with hundreds of mobile devices, including the Apple® iPod®. Audible prides itself on providing listening experiences that enhance the commute, working out at the gym, or simply relaxing at home.
The position of audio editor for the Content Creation department requires one to have a good solid understanding of the technical aspects of manipulating digital audio as well as a complete understanding of hard disk recording and non linear editing. These skills are a requisite to learning the various intricacies of long form digital spoken word editing.
It is also imperative that the editor has a command of the English language and its grammatical construct beyond that of common usage. This combination of skills is most often found in those who have had experience in a communications or theatrical environment and a long standing involvement in the digital media world. The Audio Editor/Production Assistant will report to the Executive Producer in charge of post production.
· Working closely with all Original Content Team members to fulfill production editing needs and goals;
· Quality control of edited material;
· Processing audio (EQ, noise reduction, etc.);
· Assorted clerical/filing and organizational duties
· Maintenance of production spreadsheets;
· Assisting in the studio recording process;
· A minimum of two years in audio , television or radio production
· Meticulous attention to detail, as well as strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects with competing deadlines
· Knowledge of audio editing and hard-disk recording software, including ProTools & SoundForge and knowledge of the audio recording process
· A solid background in fine editing of spoken word and dramatic programming
· An understanding of the audio drama culture and its requirements (sense of pacing, storytelling, rhythm)
· Creative team player who understands the audio editing culture
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· A self-motivated performer
· Excited to work in a very fast-paced creative environment
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer. When contacting firstname.lastname@example.org, please include a cover letter with your resume.