- Unabridged audiobooks – Audible members mostly prefer unabridged audiobooks. These audiobooks are expected to be professionally narrated in high-quality studios, and professionally edited and mastered.
- Long-form programs – The majority of Audible’s customers prefer longer-form content (5+ hours). If you have short-form content, please consider thematically bundling it into one longer product to ensure you have the best chance of exposure to our members.
- Podcasts and other “free” programs – We’ve had countless conversations with our customers on this topic. They have told us that they get frustrated when they find out that the content they buy at audible.com is available at no charge in other places on the Web. Many of our customers have even reviewed these books negatively for this reason; as you know, such reviews can show up in public search sites such as Google, Yahoo and others, and can be damaging to the author’s brand as well as to the publisher’s brand. Therefore, we think it is best for our customers and authors that we not sell content that is offered at no charge in other places.
- A few words of advice — Audible’s members love audiobooks! However, not every print book will create a great listening experience, and other genres are just not popular with our members. Based on our experience, the following types of books are not good candidates for audio:
- Abridged audiobooks
- Audio products that include advertising messages
- Books in the Public Domain
- Reference books, guide books, quotation books, and dictionaries
- Books about home and garden, interior design, home organization, or storage
- Gift books and other short illustrated books
- Cookbooks and diet books
- Comic books and graphic novels
- Photography books or art monographs
- Engineering or other professional reference books
- Flashcards, calendars, and box sets
- Sports books (especially ones that rely heavily on pictures)
- Travel guides (especially ones that read as reference guides)
- Any book that relies heavily on visual elements throughout the text (e.g. many business, science, astrology and fitness books)
- Test post 2 April 16, 2012Aliquam erat volutpat. Mauris malesuada sem in arcu semper vulputate consequat odio dignissim. Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra, per inceptos himenaeos. In vestibulum erat ut lectus viverra interdum. Aliquam arcu nibh, mattis at viverra nec, eleifend faucibus lorem. Nullam vestibulum, ligula vel blandit pharetra, sapien nequ […]
- Test post 2 April 16, 2012
- RT @PortlandPolice: We don't normally endorse theft, but stealing 1 from the @HoustonRockets is just fine with us @trailblazers #RipCity #P… 3 days ago
- RT @ColeG13: Congrats @jessicagelman, @dmorey, and @SloanSportsConf crew on a hugely successful #SSAC14. We're always proud to play a small… 1 month ago
- Skills should be general so that it can be applied in a lot of useful areas - Tufte #SSAC14 @SloanSportsConf 1 month ago
- Most important decision is choosing what problem you want to solve - Tufte #SSAC14 @SloanSportsConf 1 month ago
Where to grab a bite
Our Executive Team
- Book Requests: If you're interested in a particular author or title, please let us know about it by sending an email to:firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Great ideas: If you have a great idea about how to improve Audible's web site or service, email us at email@example.com.
- Testimonials: If you would like to share your story on how and when you use Audible, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job OpeningsView all jobs openings
- May 31, 2013COLIN FIRTH’S PERFORMANCE IN THE END OF THE AFFAIR WINS ‘AUDIOBOOK OF THE YEAR’ Firth’s win is among nine for Audible Studios, which also received the prestigious Audie award for Distinguished Achievement in Production for ‘Dracula’ NEWARK, N.J. – May 31, 2013 – Audible Studios, the production arm of Audible.com, won the ‘Audiobook of […] […]
- April 16, 2013AUDIBLE PRODUCES GRANTA’S CELEBRATED “BEST OF YOUNG BRITISH NOVELISTS” COLLECTION IN AUDIO FOR THE FIRST TIME NEWARK, N.J. – April 16, 2013 – Audible.com and Audible.co.uk today announced the audiobook publication of Granta 123: Best of Young British Novelists 4. This new edition of Granta’s influential list of the best British writers under 40 years […] […]
- April 9, 2013JAKE GYLLENHAAL’S PERFORMANCE OF F. SCOTT FITZGERALD’S THE GREAT GATSBY NOW AVAILABLE AS AN AUDIO DOWNLOAD AT AUDIBLE.COM NEWARK, N.J. – April 9, 2013 – Audible Studios, the production arm of Audible.com, today announced the publication of Jake Gyllenhaal’s masterful audio interpretation of F. Scott Fitzgerald’s preeminent novel, The Great Gatsby. The releas […]
- May 31, 2013