- Unabridged audiobooks – Audible members mostly prefer unabridged audiobooks. These audiobooks are expected to be professionally narrated in high-quality studios, and professionally edited and mastered.
- Long-form programs – The majority of Audible’s customers prefer longer-form content (5+ hours). If you have short-form content, please consider thematically bundling it into one longer product to ensure you have the best chance of exposure to our members.
- Podcasts and other “free” programs – We’ve had countless conversations with our customers on this topic. They have told us that they get frustrated when they find out that the content they buy at audible.com is available at no charge in other places on the Web. Many of our customers have even reviewed these books negatively for this reason; as you know, such reviews can show up in public search sites such as Google, Yahoo and others, and can be damaging to the author’s brand as well as to the publisher’s brand. Therefore, we think it is best for our customers and authors that we not sell content that is offered at no charge in other places.
- A few words of advice — Audible’s members love audiobooks! However, not every print book will create a great listening experience, and other genres are just not popular with our members. Based on our experience, the following types of books are not good candidates for audio:
- Abridged audiobooks
- Audio products that include advertising messages
- Books in the Public Domain
- Reference books, guide books, quotation books, and dictionaries
- Books about home and garden, interior design, home organization, or storage
- Gift books and other short illustrated books
- Cookbooks and diet books
- Comic books and graphic novels
- Photography books or art monographs
- Engineering or other professional reference books
- Flashcards, calendars, and box sets
- Sports books (especially ones that rely heavily on pictures)
- Travel guides (especially ones that read as reference guides)
- Any book that relies heavily on visual elements throughout the text (e.g. many business, science, astrology and fitness books)
- Test post 2 April 16, 2012Aliquam erat volutpat. Mauris malesuada sem in arcu semper vulputate consequat odio dignissim. Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra, per inceptos himenaeos. In vestibulum erat ut lectus viverra interdum. Aliquam arcu nibh, mattis at viverra nec, eleifend faucibus lorem. Nullam vestibulum, ligula vel blandit pharetra, sapien nequ […]
- Test post 2 April 16, 2012
- RT @mcdblake: Staff are under paid and work according to the Soviet principle – “We pretend to work and you pretend to pay us,” http://t.c… 1 month ago
- RT @Etsy: Our offices aren't just filled with people. Meet the dogs of Etsy HQ! etsy.me/11Pefc7 1 month ago
- RT @Etsy: Guess what?! Our Handmade Portrait series was nominated for a Webby Award. This is HUGE! Vote for us, please? http://t.co/dV86 ... 1 month ago
- RT @Etsy: Amazing things are happening in Rockford, Illinois. Discover our joint mission to build a community of entrepreneurs http://t. ... 2 months ago
Where to grab a bite
Our Executive Team
- Book Requests: If you're interested in a particular author or title, please let us know about it by sending an email to:email@example.com.
- Great ideas: If you have a great idea about how to improve Audible's web site or service, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Testimonials: If you would like to share your story on how and when you use Audible, email us at email@example.com.
- April 16, 2013AUDIBLE PRODUCES GRANTA’S CELEBRATED “BEST OF YOUNG BRITISH NOVELISTS” COLLECTION IN AUDIO FOR THE FIRST TIME NEWARK, N.J. – April 16, 2013 – Audible.com and Audible.co.uk today announced the audiobook publication of Granta 123: Best of Young British Novelists 4. This new edition of Granta’s influential list of the best British writers under 40 years […] […]
- April 9, 2013JAKE GYLLENHAAL’S PERFORMANCE OF F. SCOTT FITZGERALD’S THE GREAT GATSBY NOW AVAILABLE AS AN AUDIO DOWNLOAD AT AUDIBLE.COM NEWARK, N.J. – April 9, 2013 – Audible Studios, the production arm of Audible.com, today announced the publication of Jake Gyllenhaal’s masterful audio interpretation of F. Scott Fitzgerald’s preeminent novel, The Great Gatsby. The releas […]
- February 27, 2013Audible and The Center for Fiction Establish Literary Award Recognizing Outstanding Writing on Illness NEWARK, N.J. – February 27, 2013 – Audible, Inc. today announced the creation of a new literary award established in memory of Christopher Doheny, a long-time employee who died on February 20, at age 31, of cystic fibrosis. The Christopher Doheny […]
- April 16, 2013