Audible (www.audible.com http://www.audible.com/ ), a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon.com located in Newark NJ, is the Internet’s leading provider of spoken audio programming – including books of any genre, magazines, radio shows, daily newspapers, and more. Titles downloaded from Audible are compatible with hundreds of mobile devices, including the Apple® iPod®. Audible prides itself on providing listening experiences that enhance the commute, working out at the gym, or simply relaxing at home.
Position Title: Director, Mobile Applications
Compensation: Audible offers competitive compensation and benefits packages, including equity incentives
Work Location: Newark, NJ
The position of Director – Mobile Application will report to the VP of Business Development is an opportunity for a highly motivated individual to get involved with all aspects of the mobile strategy for a major Internet brand. Strong communication, negotiation, product management, and presentation skills are required.
Major Job Responsibilities:
• Assist in creating a roadmap for Audible’s mobile strategy with the focus of delivering applications that support an end-to-end Audible experience.
• Defining product release requirements and features aimed at achieving penetration growth in various mobile platforms.
• Work closely with the engineering team to track the progress of internal development to meet product release timeline and act as the single point of contact for the mobile business unit.
• Developing business plans for each platform launch that includes marketing and merchandising initiatives that support the current efforts of the business.
• Work cross functionally with the merchandise, marketing, engineering, and other business units to drive consensus in product development and launch cycles for each application.
• Source and develop partnerships with mobile companies, in addition to maintaining a close handle on the mobile industry and intimately following any meaningful trends from a software and hardware perspective.
• Responsible for growing the mobile business by driving membership and a la carte sales through each mobile application.
• Produce and analyze reports measuring the performance of existing partnerships.
Ability to design and/or approve high level contracts with external partners.
Key Skills & Abilities:
- Prior experience in developing mobile with emphasis in analysis, design, and documentation.
- Outstanding execution skills. Must have the ability to deliver on strategic concepts including the ability to prioritize to ensure near-term deliverables.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work autonomously.
- Ability to articulate value based solutions to complex business problems.
- Ability to operate in a high-energy, high-intensity and rapidly evolving environment.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
• Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant experience in the mobile platform development with 9+ years of Internet commerce experience.
• Masters degree and a minimum of 10 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When contacting email@example.com, please include a cover letter with your resume.
Only qualifying candidates will be contacted.