Location: Newark, New Jersey
Salary Range: Audible offers a competitive compensation and benefits package
The Database Software Development Engineer is a hands-on, technical position whose primary responsibility is the design, and implementation of data centric software solutions in a UNIX/Oracle/Java environment. The position requires working closely with Development, Audio Engineering, Metadata, Business Intelligence, Operations, and Finance. This candidate is required to have excellent hands-on abilities with Oracle database server products running on Sun Solaris. The ideal candidate also will have experience with XML, Internet, and Java E-Commerce technologies in a Web Services/SOA environment. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Development of Oracle stored procedures, packages, and triggers that effectively implement business and application related functions.
- To understand existing applications with an eye towards making optimizations and enhancements.
- Develop both Relational and XML Data Models and data access layers that implement business requirements, and allow for future flexibility and enhancements.
- Adhere to excellent software design principles based on encapsulation and information hiding.
- Evidence of having successfully transformed business requirements into data centric applications which include Oracle stored procedures, packages, and triggers as part of the eventual solution.
- Evidence of having developed Data Models and data access layers that capture business requirements and relationships using both ER Modeling and XML DTD/Schema.
- Evidence of detecting performance bottlenecks and debugging applications and the eventual recommendations and implementation of solutions to correct these flaws.
- In-depth understanding of best-of-breed and emerging data technologies, standards, best practices, and their commercial application.
- Excellent verbal and written skills and ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Have demonstrated a propensity to ‘think outside the box’, ask the right questions, and implement critical thinking when analyzing requirements, design, and implementation.
- 5 years of Oracle Database development experience.
- Extensive knowledge of Oracle SQL and PL/SQL. Experience in designing and optimizing Oracle stored procedures, packages, and triggers.
- Experience in tuning SQL statements, using Oracle Explain Plan or other relevant tool.
- Experience with Relational data modeling and XML DTD/Schema design. Experience implementing data access layers in a Web Services/SOA environment.
- Solid experience with E-Commerce applications and Internet/Java technologies.
- BS required. Further relevant business education a plus.