Audible (www.audible.com), a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon.com located in Newark NJ, is the Internet’s leading provider of spoken audio programming – including books of any genre, magazines, radio shows, daily newspapers, and more. Titles downloaded from Audible are compatible with hundreds of mobile devices, including the Apple® iPod®. Audible prides itself on providing listening experiences that enhance the commute, working out at the gym, or simply relaxing at home.
Audible is seeking an innovative, self-motivated user experience designer to work on features and improvements to our customer-facing web properties and software applications.
Utilizing principles of usability, user-centered design, information architecture, and scalable and dynamic user interface design, this position will drive the User Interface (UI) and customer experience for highly strategic business initiatives.
The Sr. User Experience Designer will develop process flows, wireframes, mockups and page/ application designs to effectively communicate both high-level design strategies and detailed page designs/user interactions, and will provide thought leadership in architecting both short and long-term design vision for customer-facing, transactional web experiences.
• Design the UI architecture, interface, interaction flow and aesthetics of web applications and web sites
• Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, prototypes, visual mockups and graphic assets
• Art direct/ design the visual design of the web and software applications
• Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications
• Build upon and expand established style guides and UI patterns
• Present design work to product and executive teams for review and feedback
• Promote usability best practices
• Guide technical and business teams in user-centered design principles
• At least 5 years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, user interface designer, information architect, or similar role
• An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating related experience
• Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs.
• Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
• Familiarity with the technical considerations needed when designing for dynamic AJAX-based web 2.0 applications
• Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups and style guides
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
• Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, Visio, and Dreamweaver
• Ability to create illustrations for stylized graphic artwork and icons is a strong plus
• Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research) is a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience; MFA degree preferred
When contacting email@example.com, please include a cover letter with your resume.
Only qualifying candidates will be contacted.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer.